The mission of the ARC is to understand the biomedical causes of autism, to evaluate promising interventions for autistic people, and to improve the health and well-being of autistic people and their families.
If you want to take part in research into psychological diversity and the links with your occupation and/or your child's development, please take the survey here or click the button below.
Longitudinal Outcomes of Gender Identity in Children (LOGIC): study protocol for a retrospective analysis of the characteristics and outcomes of children referred to specialist gender services in the UK and the Netherlands
E Kennedy, C Lane, H Stynes, V Ranieri, L Spinner, P Carmichael, R Omar, V Vickerstaff, R Hunter, R Senior, G Butler, S Baron-Cohen, N de Graaf, T D Steensma, A de Vries, B Young, M King
BMJ Open (2021) 11
Is there an association between prenatal testosterone and autistic traits in adolescents?
N Dooley, A Ruigrok, R Holt, C Allison, A Tsompanidis, J Waldman, B Auyeung, M V Lombardo, S Baron-Cohen
Preference for biological motion is reduced in ASD: implications for clinical trials and the search for biomarkers
L Mason, F Shic, T Falck-Ytter, B Chakrabarti, T Charman, E Loth, J Tillmann, T Banaschewski, S Baron-Cohen, S Bölte, J Buitelaar, S Durston, A M Orange, C Persico, T Beckmann, F Bougeron, C Dell'Acqua, C Ecker, D Moessnang, M H Johnson, E J H Jones & the LEAP team
Molecular Autism (2021) 12
Temperament as an early risk marker for autism spectrum disorders? A longitudinal study of high-risk and low-risk infants
M K Pijl, G Bussu, T Charman, M H Johnson, E J Jones, G Pasco, I J Oosterling, N N Rommelse, J K Buitelaar, the BASIS Team
Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders (2019)
Face masks protect from infection but may impair social cognition in older adults and people with dementia
M L Schroeter, J Kynast, A Villringer, S Baron-Cohen
Frontiers in Psychology (2021) 12
- Diet, Exercise and Sleep Patterns in Autistic Adults October 4, 2021
- Autistic individuals are more likely to be LGBTQ+ September 20, 2021
- Autistic individuals may be more likely to use recreational drugs to self-medicate their mental health July 2, 2021
- Unhealthy patterns of diet, exercise, and sleep linked to high risk of cardiovascular disease in autistic people May 10, 2021
- Autism rates have increased and show differences in ethnic minorities and links to social disadvantage March 29, 2021